daily yakkings of the famous two

Monday, May 08, 2006

Lessons Learned

If you read Bug's post titled Encouragement (see January 2006), well guess what people? Today is my turn.

i made a stupid careless mistake. i designed the coupons for our upcoming carnival and i seriously did not notice that the date was June 2005 instead of 2006. a huge small mistake. a nice colleague from FSC pointed me out this error and i quickly emailed the printer company the correct one. unfortunately, this morning, they called and said that it has been sent for printing (apparently i sent the email too late?? but i sent the error design in the morning & the right one in the eve. do they work that fast?). i was really freaked out. i think i felt like maybe crying and then juump off the building/kill self/resign? cuz i *know* seafood and especially skinny j will jump on me for this thing.

good news was printer co called n said that printing was delayed, bad news was we'll be charged extra for changing the cast film. so i pulled myself together and decided to tell my so *wonderfully kind* manager. now ok i expected a good scolding cuz it cannot be denied that i was very careless and did not check the work properly. but...

It's your mistake. You pay lor.

That was like a slap to my face. my mistake? yes. but can it be said that it was ALL my fault? but i sent the design to you and you gave me the go ahead. at that moment i just couldnt believe my ears. this must be how bug felt when seafood told her off. disappointment, anger, sadness...

you are the manager. you are my leader. im working under you. i am an assistant to you. my work is yours too. what happens to me reflects on you too. so why are you giving me the 100% blame? yes i know i am very careless and it was a bad mistake on my part. but how can you abandon me like that? if i did a great job you will be all smiley and laughing and patting yourself on the back on a job well done. cuz skinny and seafood will shower you praises on your god like abilities to lead.

so ask me, if i'm the manager what would i have done or said?

i would of cuz give the staff a lecture. and then you know what, i would say it's ok, because the staff would be feeling pretty bad by now. im sure lessons have been learned. what now? well no damage was done (coupons werent printed) so we have to pay? so what? money can be earned. in the end, it's the support from management to your staff that matters.

and the best part that was not the end of it. throughout the day, she kept jumping on my mistakes.

why do you keep spelling wrongly?!! *angry sigh*
but it's not wrong. it's the font. the R looks like a B. why aren't you apologising?

*after finding another error, this time it's the MP's correct designation*
why dont you call them (printer co) for her no (the saleslady's no)! do i have to teach you everything?!!
but i already have her no. i just need to breathe and think. it's been 2 mistakes, 1 after another. it doesnt help you keep saying it's *my* mistake. it doesnt help that you are pushing me to pay for all the extra charges. it doesnt help that you're jumping on me on my every move.

i am truly disappointed. you are NOT a leader. leaders dont leave their followers behind when there's trouble.

if you ask me, yes i have learn my lesson. i'll be handing it my resignation after June's event.

1 Comments:

  • oh bug!!!! i konw how you feel!! slap Ms K straight in the face!!!
    wah lau.. you cannot put her name and the word leader in the same sensence man.. its a insult to all leaders!!

    By Blogger bugs, at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home